Black Mental Health
- Therapy For Black Girls connects Black women and girls to therapists and works to make mental health topics more relevant and accessible.
- Therapy For Black Men connects Black men to therapists and focuses on deconstructing the stigma surrounding mental health in Black communities.
- National Queer and Trans Therapists of Color Network aims to increase access to healing justice resources for queer and trans people of color by providing access to therapy and mental health resources.
- AYANA Therapy is an app that provides marginalized and intersectional communities with access to online and anonymous therapy by matching individuals to therapists who can address similar identities based on race, gender identity, sexuality, ethnicity, class, and ability.
- Black Mental Health Matters contains resources for therapists and hotlines for Black African Americans struggling with mental health during this uncertain and challenging time for the Black community.
- Brown Girls Therapy: List of Therapy of Color by State during COVID offers a list of mental healthcare professional of color from various states who are currently accepting new clients for teletherapy.
- Listening Space for Women who are BIPOC (Trans Inclusive) offers informal 45 minute listening sessions for femme-identifying BIPOC from Kanupria, an ally and woman of color.
- H.E.A.L. provides therapeutic services to persons working through life challenges and prides itself in understanding the different intersections that make us...well...US. Which is why we are being intentional about incorporating those individual dynamics into our therapeutic practice when assisting folks navigate through life's transitions.
Black Artists + Writers + Creators
- BTFA Collective connects Black trans women and non-binary femmes of the art world. The collective also helped launch the Black Trans Protestors Emergency Fund to support black trans protestors with resources, medical care, and bail funds.
- The Black Youth Project aims to elevate the voices of young urban Black millennials through storytelling and community-building projects.
- Black Art Futures is a collective of emerging philanthropists promoting the elevation of black arts and culture. The group provides grants to small nonprofit organizations working to secure the future of the black art community.
- The Black Artists and Designers Guild combats the underrepresentation of Black creatives in the art and designs industries. The guild works to give artists opportunities for exposure and networking.
- Arts Administrators of Color Network hosts annual conventions, a mentoring program, and professional-development events for arts administrators and artists of color. Recently, it set up the Arts Leaders of Color Emergency Fund to help creatives who are financially affected by COVID-19.
- Afrotectopia is a social institution fostering interdisciplinary innovation at the intersections of art, design, technology, Black culture and activism. began as a a new media arts, culture and technology festival designed to recognize the contributions of Black artists
Protest and Riot Resources
Much of this list was compiled from a resource megathread started in the "Subtle Asian Activist" FB group — special thanks to everyone for sharing!
- Information on Activist and Protest Photography
- This Direct Action Training Manual is helpful to learn about a variety of non-violent protest tactics, including de-escalation, legal rights, and how to make a blockade.